- Teacher: Patty Haller
- Class Size: 12
- Materials Fee: 0
- Class Length: 1 Day
- Date: Saturday, February 24
- Time: 12:30 – 4:30 pm
This class is appropriate for oil and acrylic, abstract and observation based, beginning and intermediate painters.
General: We will be making color charts and simple small paintings. Oil, acrylic, gouache, casein or any medium will work, students can choose and bring their own supplies.
Instructor will provide watercolor paper, both gessoed and plain, for the color charts and small paintings.
Students: please bring what you normally use for a painting session for your chosen medium. This will include:
* paints, range of small/medium brushes, rag, palette, other tools you like to use (palette knives, glass or paper palette, jar)
* If you are a beginner and need more direction, please contact me email@example.com and I’d be glad to help!
Please also make sure you pack the following:
* Small flat brushes number 2 or 4 – bring a few
* Sharpened Pencil, no. 2 is fine
* Paints, emphasis on natural pigments. Sample minimum choices might include yellow ochre, ultramarine blue, raw umber, burnt umber, titanium buff, titanium/zinc white, raw sienna, burnt sienna, ivory black. Very useful additional colors include indanthrone blue, ultramarine violet, mars colors, terre verte, viridian, any transparent oranges and reds.
* For oil painters only, consider buying various Williamsburg earths like terre vertes and Italian reds, Gamblin transparent red and orange, and Gamblin warm and cool white
* Optional – consider bringing natural pigmented items that inspire you (shells, lichen, sticks, stones, textiles) or books with historical artifacts. Instructor will also bring plenty of these items.
See you on the 24th! Patty