- Teacher: Patty Haller
- Class Size: 12
- Materials Fee: $15 cash paid to instructor on first day
- Class Length: Two Day Workshop
- Start Date: Saturday, September 16/17, Weekend
- Time: 10:00 – 4:30 pm, two days
Increase the range of ideas in your painting. See how research and creative visual play can become part of a personal and enjoyable art-making process. See various approaches to landscape in art history. Create your own source materials, working from nature photos and still life. Then take these inputs and create a finished painting. Emphasis will be on sketching, color studies and layering paint on wood panels.
- Sketchbook or sketch paper, any type or size
- A variety of basic sketching materials: pencils, pens, colored pencils
- Any additional sketching materials you’d like to use: charcoal, watercolor pencils, markers, pastel pencils
- Oil or acrylic paints, mediums
- A variety of brushes including small #4 or #6 flats and filberts
- Instructor will supply gessoed birch ply panels, watercolor paper and casein paint
- Bring photos of natural landscapes and plants. Instructor will supply additional photo inspirations and live plant references for students.